Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Speed of Sound.

So I met a new guy at work today and I BELIEVE his name is Ricardo. I want to take the time out and just say I am very happy I met this man today, he is a very nice gentleman and extremely sweet. First he asked what my name was and then introduced himself and followed to apologize for his speech because he got hit by a drunk driver. He had a prosthetic leg, a broke shoulder, and a strong slur to his words, yet he had the most positive attitude I have ever seen anyone have. It made me sit back and think about how I complain about the smallest things in life,(I don't have this or can't do that), yet here is a man who came SO close to losing his life and has to deal with struggles for the rest of his life, because someone made the choice to have a few drinks and drive rather than call a cab or stay somewhere, have such a positive outlook on life. I am thankful I have what I do and need to learn to never take anything in life for granted because It can disappear in a flash. So rather I see this man again or not, for just a slight second of meeting he impacted my life and made me appreciate what I have in my world. Even the smallest seconds of meeting a stranger can have an impact, so be nice to those you don't know, they could turn out to be amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment