Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Das vergangene Jahr.
I have had a lot of time on my hands today to think and I have been reflecting on my life in the last year. It is crazy how much has changed. Exactly a year ago from today my girlfriend of 2 years broke my heart, she left me for some girl she met on the internet and my world got turned upside down. I was so heartbroken I didn't know how to move on without her, I knew this time it was actually it. We were done. For someone to go pick a girl up 3 hours away the SAME day she breaks up with her girlfriend of two years, pretty much let me know. I didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to finish the school semester, knowing I would see her there. I didn't want to get a job, I lost a second family as well, not just her. Over the months I learned she cheated on me, not once, but twice. That is what really hurt me, for the ONE person that I trusted with everything in me to hurt me like that, I felt I could no longer trust anyone. She was the one person I felt in my heart that would never betray me that way. As time has passed, I am so thankful this happened. I knew deep down it would happen,but not that unexpected and not at that time. I have moved passed this and as hard as it was to get over her, I did it. Never thought I would. It feels good knowing I don't need her, I don't NEED anyone to rely on to make me happy. Thus began my adventure to find myself. Over the next 8 months we did not talk, did not associate in any way, except to argue about who got what and when I would get my stuff(It took a whole year). This time was the worst for me, I seen her everywhere I went, even 2 hours away, but I appreciate this because it helped me move on, seeing her with her new girlfriend made it sting ten times worse, but it is what I needed. I will always be thankful for this girl in my life, as she helped mold me into who I am. She made me stronger and I will always love her for that. I will always be here for her anytime she needs it, no matter how much she has/will put me through. The only difference is knowing I don't need her to be happy. I dated a girl after this who meant a great deal to me. Her and her daughter impacted my life more than words can explain. Definitely learned to never date a married woman lol. Things did not work out, which in return hurt me, but I surpassed it as well. I finally learned how to make myself happy, how not to need anyone at all, within reason. I finished my school semester, I got a good job while living at home, made some really amazing friends and made some great memories. Here I am a year later, in Highland,Il, and even though there has been some traumatic events that has occurred lately, I have never been happier. I have been proven who my real friends are and I am so blessed to have them in my life. I have a great job, and I am no longer stressing(as much) about money and I have met this amazing girl who is changing my life... for the best. I am finally learning to really trust again and she is showing me that not every girl is out to hurt me or F**k me over. I am learning new things day by day and I am getting stronger day by day, even when I do not want to believe it. I am blessed to have this life and I can not wait to see what the next year holds... Thank you everyone who has been standing strong by me everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BLOG AGAIN!! LOVE YOUR BLOGS
ReplyDelete